I think it’s pretty safe to say, I could eat Mexican food every day. And if we’re being honest….Sometimes I do ;) Even though I am Italian and Portuguese, I have always loved cooking Mexican dishes and probably cook them more than any other type of food. Second would be Italian, but that’s for another post. :) I like keeping my recipes fairly simple and usually do not use measurements so I apologize in advance for this and any future recipes that confuse you. ;) hehe. I say, use your best judgement and cook with your heart! Cheesy, I know, but true!
I used boneless skinless breasts, but you could use any type of chicken you wanted. Just make sure to adjust your cooking time accordingly. This recipe will easily feed 4 people.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 2 for three people and we usually have leftovers. It depends on how big you are making your tacos and how many people you are feeding. I think 1 chicken breast per 2 people is easily enough.)
- 1 can of Chipotles in Adobo
- 1 bunch of Cilantro
- 2-3 Limes
- Queso fresco (or Monterey jack cheese) for topping
- Corn tortillas
- Green onions
- Yellow or white onion for topping
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce for topping
- Tomatoes, diced up for topping
- Garlic powder
- Squeeze the juice of one lime (if your lime is not very juicy, use 2.) over chicken breasts.
- Season breasts with cumin & garlic powder.
- Pour 1/2 of the can of chipotles over the chicken. (they are a little spicy so if spicy is not your thing you may want to add less.) I add more though cuz me and spicy are BFFs. ;)
- Rough chop 3 green onions, rough chop 1/2 bunch of cilantro & put all of it on top of the chicken so it covers the breasts.
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes or until done. (of course you’ll need longer depending on how big the chicken breasts are or if you have bone in meat.)
- Shred the chicken. I use 2 forks and shred apart. Shredding the chicken allows it to absorb more sauce and such so it will taste a lot better….or at least I think so. :)
- Add the juices from the baking dish and a little more chipotle sauce if you dare ;) the juice of half a lime, along with your shredded chicken in a large skillet to combine all the goodness! :)
- You can fry the tortillas lightly in a little oil or just warm them in the microwave/oven for a minute. Your choice.
- Assemble as you wish and enjoy!
Any questions? Probably since this recipe doesn’t have measurements. haha ;) Feel free to ask! I’m happy to help if you need it. :) Enjoy!!